Considering an Estate or Down-sizing Sale?
You may be considering your own sale, or are unsure if you need a professional sale service. TIPPIT ESTATE SALES & SERVICES specialize in professionally conducted residential, estate, re-location, and down-sizing sales.
The following information is a thorough description of the estate and down-sizing sale process and specifically how TIPPIT ESTATE SALES & SERVICES would conduct a sale to meet your unique selling goals. We would be happy to provide a free consultation to help you decide if an estate sale is the best choice for you!
What exactly is an estate sale?
The term “Estate Sale” generally refers to the sale of personal property. Personal property is furniture, appliances, china, books, linens, fine and costume jewelry, tools, garden equipment -- anything and everything of value found in and around a home and adjacent outbuildings. It differs from a garage sale as it involves the entire contents of a household, is professionally hosted, and is normally held in and around the home over a period of 3 - 4 days.
Who needs an Estate Sale?
An estate sale is an ideal medium for selling a large volume of personal property. For example, you may be retiring and down-sizing, moving out-of-state, moving to an assisted living or nursing facility, or liquidating a loved ones household or, you may be the executor of an estate. In such situations, an estate sale is a far superior alternative to an auction. Whatever the reason, “we can help“!
No antiques or collectibles?
That’s ok. Practical and everyday household items are also very popular. Everyone loves a good sale. You may be surprised at what will sell!
How can TIPPIT ESTATE SALES & SERVICES help me?
We have the experience and resources to organize, price, and hold a sale of your personal property without you having to lift a finger! You can simply walk away and let the professionals at TIPPIT ESTATE SALES & SERVICES conduct a turn-key sale; from the initial planning to the final clean-up.
How does the Estate Sale process work?
TIPPIT ESTATE SALES & SERVICES will organize, attractively display, research, price, advertise and sell the contents of an entire estate. We will work with you, the client, to provide a comfortable, secure and profitable sale. Likewise, we will work with estate sale customers to provide an enjoyable shopping experience for them as well.
Typically we start working in the home several weeks prior to the actual sale event, depending on the amount of work that needs to be done. We study the physical arrangement of your home and property to determine how to best showcase your estate. We bring all items needed to set up your sale including tables, display cases, and locked display boxes.
We provide exceptional attention to detail in presenting your items to their best advantage. We advise our clients not to throw ANYTHING away. Heed the old adage that “ones man’s trash is another man’s treasure”! All common household goods, pots and pans, even cleaning products, old cosmetics, linens, old newspapers, garage items…virtually EVERYTHING in a home can bring in revenue at your sale.
How much will it cost to have an Estate Sale?
There are NO upfront or out-of-pocket costs to you. Typically, we charge a minimum of 35% of the gross sale following deduction of applicable sales tax. The percentage varies however according to the work involved and the size of the sale.
Our percentage covers our sales commission, all labor costs, remittance of sales tax, and the cost of city licenses or permits as required.
Advertising costs, credit card fees, and any additional fees, such as dump fees for excessive trash removal, will be discussed, clearly noted on the contract, and deducted from the net proceeds at the conclusion of the sale. All costs will be disclosed prior to signing the contract.
When the sale is over we make an appointment to deliver payment of your net sale proceeds. The visit provides an opportunity to discuss settlement information with you.
Otherwise, you may elect to receive payment through a check mailed to you. The check is mailed within 10 business days. We include a detailed settlement sheet.
What advertising do you do?
We write and place ads announcing your sale in all appropriate newspapers. Your sale will be advertised on our website and notices of your sale will be sent to our email contacts and contacts on our mailing list. We distribute sale flyers to local antique stores, flea markets, convenience stores or any other locations that may be beneficial in attracting buyers to your sale. Additionally, we post highly visible, professionally printed signs leading the way to your sale from every major intersection. Our goal is to bring motivated buyers to your sale!
What happens to the things that don’t sell?
TIPPIT ESTATE SALES & SERVICES strives to sell everything. We believe the client is best served when everything is sold. We price fairly and reasonably. We will negotiate with a prospective buyer in order to sell an item and buyers are encouraged to leave offers on items that they may be interested in if, at the conclusion of the sale, have not sold. By the last day of your sale most remaining items are reduced to ½ price or less. The discounted pricing excludes any item you may have protected with a reserve. This pricing process helps to ensure that as few items as possible are remaining at the end of the sale and also encourages return buyers. There are several options for dealing with any left-over items. These options will be discussed during your “no obligation” consultation.
Why should you hire TIPPIT ESTATE SALES & SERVICES?
1. We are uniquely qualified to help you with your liquidation needs. We do so professionally, honestly, promptly, and successfully. Our client’s satisfaction is our highest priority. Donna Tippit, your professional sale consultant, is a Certified Personal Property Appraiser and a member of the Certified Appraisers Guild of America. She is a graduate of the prestigious Missouri Auction School and is trained in all aspects of the auction & liquidation industry.
2. We have experience as both buyers and sellers, so we know how to make your sale appealing to potential buyers.
3. We will be pleased to meet with you and any of your key decision-makers including your attorney or accountant. Our first meeting is on a no cost / no obligation basis.
4. We handle all of the details so you don’t have to! Organization, cleanup, accurate pricing, advertising, collecting and reporting sales tax, providing a professional and courteous sale staff are all part of our service. Dealing with a professional can help eliminate much of the stress associated with the sale of your personal items by knowing your property is being treated with care and respect.
5. We have the capability of accepting all major credit / debit cards. The convenience of paying with a credit or debit card is very much appreciated by our buyers.
What are some of the additional services that TIPPIT ESTATE SALES & SERVICES offer?
1. If you are moving, prior to your sale, we can securely pack your belongings that you wish to move and arrange your move for you. If your move is within the local area, we can unpack and set up your items for you in your new home.
2. If you are down-sizing and only have a few items to sell we can help you decide the best way to market these items. Many options are available.
3. After meeting with you and discussing your sale, you may decide you would rather liquidate your items through the auction process. If an auction is preferred, this can be arranged and hosted by TIPPIT ESTATE SALES A & SERVICES.
4. We offer a clean-out service for unoccupied homes which includes rubbish removal and clean-up of the yard and home in preparation for sale or occupancy. This service is tailored to the needs of the property owner.
How do I enlist your service?
We offer a free consultation to answer any of your questions and to discuss the possibility of having a sale for you. To schedule your free, no obligation consultation please call us at 918-533-7353to make an appointment. We will be most happy to arrange a time that is convenient for you. Thank you for considering the professionals at TIPPIT ESTATE SALES & SERVICES for your Estate, Re-location, or Down Sizing needs!
We Can Help!